West Sussex County Council to install hundreds of chargers

The UK borough will also prepare for a rising demand for charging infrastructure and set up "passiv" chargers that can be activated at a later date. The money comes from the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles and CPO Connected Kerb.

Image: Connected Kerb

The Office for Zero Emission Vehicles in the UK has given the West Sussex City Council a 5.5 million pound grant. The latter will use the money to install 1,000 EV chargers together with charge point operator Connected Kerb. The grant will cover 60 per cent of the cost, and Kerb will foot the remaining 40 per cent of the bill.

Four hundred of these chargers will be “passive,” meaning they will be activated as the demand for charging infrastructure increases. But all the necessary cables and connections will have already been set up.

It is still unclear where precisely the charger – passive or active – will be installed. What is certain is that some will be installed on the street, others in one of the council’s 230 car parks. The city council plans to ask almost a quarter of a million local households to determine their final location.

“This grant funding is excellent news for the residents of West Sussex,” says Councillor Joy Dennis. “Working in partnership with our supplier, Connected Kerb, and our borough and district council partners, it will significantly bolster our existing scheme to make on-street charging more accessible for residents who do not have off-street parking and boost our efforts to enable sustainable transport options across West Sussex.”

bbc.com, whichev.net


about „West Sussex County Council to install hundreds of chargers“

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *