UK, ADEME, Colorado, Greenspot, Tesla.
Modern Transport Bill: British Department for Transport has started a consultation for its Modern Transport Bill. This includes electric transport and suggests the introduction of standards, smart charging as well as the installation of charging stations in park garages and at large service stations. To foster e-mobility is one declared aim of the legislation.
energylivenews.com, newcivilengineer.com, gov.uk
French infrastructure scheme ADEME will run until March 2016. It primarily looks to finance EV charging infrastructure in yet uncoverd areas and with long-term parking. The programme further aims at municipalities and recognised energy unions and finances up to 50% of cost with a cap at 3,000 euros.
avere-france.org (in French)
EV charging in Boulder County: The town of Lafayette opened another public charging station, the fourth in the city. All four stations have been funded through the Charge Ahead Colorado grant programme that bore 80 percent of cost with the remaining 20% coming from the County.
Charging Jersey City: Greenspot, an infrastructure provider, has introduced ten EV charging stations that serve its EV sharing in Jersey City, New Jersey. The latter is done in partnership with GM’s Maven so expect to see some Bolt charging there soon.
Kiwis get Tesla storage: Vector, an utility in New Zealand, opened a grid-scale Tesla Powerpack installation. The Californians delivered 24 Powerpacks for a 1MW/ 2.3MWh system, which is located in a suburb of Auckland. The utiliy deems it the biggest installation in the Asia/Pacific region.