Rheinmetall Polycharge JV wins first customer

One year after it was founded, the joint venture Rheinmetall Polycharge landed its first customer: an unnamed international supplier to the automotive industry. The order was for two different DC link capacitors for applications in the 900V range.

According to the company, the order, worth a “mid-double-digit million” euro range, was placed back in December and includes both development services and sample production. Series production will start in 2026.

DC link capacitors are a component of power electronics. They are used to stabilize DC voltage and limit fluctuations in the vehicle’s electrical system and allegedly offer significant advantages in terms of installation space and weight in electric cars and plug-in hybrids. According to the company, capacitors with NanoLam technology can also operate at higher temperatures than conventional polypropylene solutions.

Rheinmetall teamed up with U.S. startup PolyCharge in early 2022 to advance the development, production and marketing of so-called DC link capacitors. Rheinmetall holds 75 per cent of the company, and Polycharge the remaining 25 per cent.



about „Rheinmetall Polycharge JV wins first customer“

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *