Apr 4, 2019 - 01:14 pm

Saft founds a battery cell JV in China

saft-batteriezellen-battery-cells-01

The French battery manufacturer Saft, a member of the Total oil group, has reached an agreement with the Chinese company Tianneng Energy Technology to set up a joint venture for the development, manufacture and sale of lithium-ion cells, modules and packages.

The joint venture’s primary aim is to use them in electric bikes, electric vehicles and stationary energy storage systems for China, but will also serve in global markets. Saft will have a 40 per cent stake in the joint venture, while Tianneng Energy Technology will hold the other 60 per cent.

Production will take place in an existing factory in Changxing, which will be expanded to an annual production capacity of 5.5 GWh. Several gigawatt-hours are already expected to be in operation. However, Saft has not given any exact figures. Apparently, the partners are also planning to further expand the production capacity of the Changxing plant.

reuters.comsaftbatteries.com

– ADVERTISEMENT –

Kynar-battery-schema-Arkema-anzeige-klein-minKynar® PVDF grades have a successful 20-year legacy in the Lithium Ion batteries, as electrode binders and as separator coating, boosting batteries safety and lifetime. Driven by continued strong growth in the lithium-ion battery market for electric vehicles, Arkema increases the dedicated capacity of its Kynar® PVDF at its Changshu plant.
Find out more >>

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Found on electrive.com
https://www.electrive.com/2019/04/04/saft-founds-a-battery-cell-jv-in-china/
04.04.2019 13:08