Jun 3, 2019 - 01:32 pm

KTM and Bajaj are to cooperate on electric bikes

ktm-eicma-2018

The Austrian motorcycle manufacturer KTM Industries and the Indian vehicle manufacturer Bajaj Auto are planning the development of a common 48-volt platform for electric two-wheelers in the power range from 3 to 10 kW. Series production is to begin at the Bajaj production site in Pune, India, by 2022.

Both partners intend to build scooters and mopeds on the new platform under their various brands. KTM sees the strategic alliance as a further step in the field of electric mobility and as a “logical complement” to the existing electrical activities with the brands Pexco and Husqvarna.

The new electric platform is not the first joint project with Bajaj: the Indians are already producing several KTM and Husqvarna brand petrol motorcycles for the world market.

KTM Industries AG is the parent company of several group brands. The Austrians hold almost 52 per cent of the subordinated KTM AG, the remaining 48 per cent is held by Bajaj. According to the press release, the considerations of bringing Bajaj’s 48 per cent share in KTM AG into KTM Industries AG will not be pursued further for the time being. The cooperation with Bajaj will be continued unchanged on the level of KTM AG.

ktm-industries.com (Bajaj), ktm-industries.com (Company structure)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Found on electrive.com
https://www.electrive.com/2019/06/03/ktm-and-bajaj-are-cooperating-to-develop-electric-bikes/
03.06.2019 13:04